The Ihamba Residence is a Guest House in Bwindi, western Uganda on top of a hill with a stunning view over the Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park, home of some of the last remaining mountain Gorillas.
The residence is run by Change a Life Bwindi, a Community-Based Organization that links the importance of preserving Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park to the communities through creating enterprises, and employment opportunities as well as engaging direct conservation projects.
The residence runs on solar power and harvested rainwater.
Our core values are Nature, Culture and community.
We are local which means;
- We typically hire locally, creating jobs for our community residents and providing a pathway out of unemployment to improve the local economy.
- We spend locally to ensure that our sales taxes are reinvested in the local community which results in improvements in our community.
- Implementation of environmentally friendly practices
- Protection of natural and cultural heritage
- Contribution to the social and economic well-being of local communities
- Supporting the local community is our Goal because Supporting local businesses is good for the environment since they often have a smaller carbon footprint